Article II - Purpose of the Jefferson Highway Association
The Jefferson Highway Association is organized exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes and shall work for and promote the preservation of the Jefferson Highway in the United States of America and Canada. Additionally,
- The Jefferson Highway Association (JHA) shall identify, preserve, interpret, and improve access to the Jefferson Highway and its associated sites.
- The JHA shall pursue the appropriate measures to prevent further deterioration, destruction, or alteration of the remaining sections of the Jefferson Highway.
- The JHA shall publicize and seek public awareness of its goals and activities for preserving, promoting, and developing the Jefferson Highway.
- The JHA shall facilitate research about the Jefferson Highway, and maintain a web site and publish a newsletter for articles and news of activity relevant to the JHA.
- The JHA shall work with local communities and businesses to promote the Jefferson Highway as a tourism destination.
- The JHA shall be exclusively charitable and educational within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The Jefferson Highway Association is a tax-exempt public charity as determined by the Internal Revenue Service on June 11, 2014 (effective back to April 14, 2011).
All contributions to the JHA are deductible under Section 170 of the tax law.
March 19, 2011, revised August 5, 2014